Do you enjoy working with animals? Want to make a difference in the lives of homeless pets in our community?
Check out our employment opportunities below.
Kennel Aides are essential to the daily operations of the Humane Society. Responsibilities include the daily care of all shelter animals and public interaction with visitors to the facility.
Job type: Part-time (up to 30 hours per week.)
Essential Job Functions
- Complete care of the animals including daily cleaning and sanitizing of kennels and cages, providing food and water, and daily socialization.
- Maintain the cleanliness of animal kennels/cages and the facility throughout the day
- Record and report any animal behavior or medical concerns to appropriate manager.
- Provide costumer service, including greeting the public and providing information to potential adopters.
- Assist with helping volunteers as needed.
- Assist with and attend organization events as needed.
- Duties require the ability to work standing for extended periods, stoop, kneel, bend, and lift up to 40lbs.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and communicate effectively.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team.
- Must enjoy working with animals and people.
- Must be comfortable with handling dogs, cats, and small animals (rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, etc.)
Working hours are between 8:00am and 5:00pm with shifts beginning at 8:00 am and ranging from 4, 6, to 8 hours. Animals must be provided care daily, therefore, shifts are scheduled on weekends and holidays.
The Humane Society & SPCA of Hancock County is a non-profit organization. Funding for operations relies heavily on community donations. Hourly wage for the position of Kennel Aide is Ohio’s minimum wage.
2022 Minimum wage – $9.30
2023 Minimum wage – $10.10